Michael J. Bladon Scholarship
This professional development scholarship has received official approval from the STC Board of Directors and Executive Manager, Anne Baliva. The scholarship will be provided annually to a deserving member of STC by the Bladon Family Trust.
Successful recipient of the Michael J. Bladon Scholarship will:
- Stipulate that the scholarship be used to attend an education event in Canada and be someone without access to funding to normally attend such an event.
- Apply by providing a one-page letter summarizing why they are a deserving candidate.
- Supply a letter of support from their direct supervisor confirming the location of their employ.
- Be actively employed in an environment where managing sport related turfgrass is part of their department’s work scope.
- Be a Canadian resident.
The Michael J. Bladon Professional Development Scholarship will provide:
- An additional $250 for anyone having to travel in excess of 600kms (round trip) but not more than 1200kms
- An additional $250 for anyone having to travel in excess of 1201 kms
- Scholarship maximum of $1,500 per annum supplied by the Bladon Family Trust
Application for scholarship can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org please include the following in the email:
- Subject line of email should be "Michael J. Bladon Scholarship"
- Applicants full name and contact information in email
- One-page letter summarizing why they are a deserving candidate
- Letter of support from their direct supervisor confirming the location of their employ
APPLICATION DEADLINE: August 12, 2023